Monday 29 August 2011

The Beach House


Oh how my Facebook friends laughed when I told them this story!

We rented a pristine home on the North Kent coast for our beach holiday this year. The owners had obviously spent a fortune on tasteful decoration and lots of luxury extras for their first season.

We primed Dais for several weeks before the holiday. Whenever she committed a crime around our home, we told her we would not be allowed to go to the Beach House if she did anything like that there. Finally we were confident that she understood there would be no eating on the sofa and wiping on the cushions, no colouring on their walls and definitely no outdoor wees!

The traffic heading down was good so we arrived before our check-in time. The owners graciously agreed to let us in early as they had just finishing preparing the house for our stay. This gave us several minutes together with my sandy and wet kids in their immaculate hallway. Dais introduced her sister and told the owner Molly was famous for being in a magazine and that Dais herself was famous as she had her own "website". The lovely lady asked "Really? Which website is that?" Before I could stop myself I had told her "It's called Seek & Destroy Dais" ... shut up Lisa, shut up for heavens sake.

She laughed nervously and said maybe she should have asked about that before accepting our booking. She added "So your sister is Molly and you are?" Then my youngest announced "I am Daisy ... sometimes I pee the bed"

I thought the ground would open up and swallow me whole!

No comments: